Work pressure, family struggle, health issues, and inappropriate daily routine can be the main reason for depression and stress. Life can be hectic and stressful but you have to face it. These days anxiety and depression are common for all ages. Lavender is one of the most essential oils for mood improvement, depression, and stress.
Lavender Oil And Depression: A Simple Answer To Cope With Depression
Are you got surprised? There’s no surprise it is a top essential if you have stressful days and nights. Many studies show that lavender can greatly improve mood and feelings of wellbeing. In this article “Lavender oil and depression: A simple oil may be your answer to cope with depression” I’ll help you to find out how to use lavender oil for depression. Let’s have a look.
Common signs of Depression
If you are following any of these signs and symptoms, then you are stuck in the Depression. Let’s find out the common signs of depression. They are:
- Feelings of worry and tension
- Difficulty concentration
- Irritability and mood swings
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Feeling disturbed
- An unrealistic view of problems
- Body pain and muscle aches
- Feeling tired all the time
- Sweating and headache
Benefits of using Lavender oil for Depression
Lavender is known as one of the best and versatile essential oil and when it comes to treating depression and anxiety lavender is considered as the most effective natural remedy for it. So now let’s find out the benefits of using it.
- It helps in dealing with nervousness, restless and insomnia. It helps in lowering the symptoms of depression.
- It can prove to be an effective way to treat painful and inflammatory conditions that may include headaches, migraines, and joint aches.
- It can help people who suffer from irritability and agitation.
Using lavender oil for Depression
Lavender is mainly used in armotherapy, it is not only cheap but easy to get and have millions of benefits. So here in this section, we will be discussing how to use lavender oil for treating depression by taking advantage of its maximum benefits. Let’s check out some amazing methods:
- Inhale Directly
Inhaling the lavender oil directly can bring you an immediate calming effect. The inhaling method is an ideal way to say goodbye to depression even when you are traveling or at the workplace. And the fresh scent of lavender enters the amygdala, which is the hub of emotions, and instantly provides relaxation. All you have to do is:
- Rub a few drops of lavender oil in your arms.
- Take a deep breath to enjoy the soothing effects
- You can also try the inhalation method by putting 1 to 2 drops of lavender oil in a handkerchief or tissue pad and sniff.
- Rubbing on the body parts
To ease up your tension and stress headache and enjoying the calming feelings by 1 to 2 drops of Lavender oil into your temples. You can also rub few drops on the wrists or onto the feet as well to enjoy the full body relaxation and instant pleasure.
- Lavender oil in bath water
15 to 20 drops of lavender essential oil in your warm bath water will give you a relaxing bath. Soak for 15 minutes and you will feel that all your anxiety and depression has vanished away.
Now you have got an idea about what essential oil you want to try. Try to make use of these tips when you feel depression. Hope you liked this article “Lavender oil and depression: A simple oil may be your answer to cope with depression” and find useful. If you had loved this article we had love to hear about your results. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.