Have you not ever wished that this month phenomenon called menstruation ended forever? Periods are an unwelcome guest in the lives of women that pays a visit every month and stays for quite some days. Ask any girl about it, and she will admit that these days are the most difficult days of their month. Have you ever been in a foul mood and been asked: “Is it that time of the month?” Menstruation highly affects a female’s mood, and they usually appear extra cranky and extra fussy for these 3-5 days.
10 Tricks To Make Your Period Less Painful – Every Girls Guide!
Things get worse when your periods come uninformed. You definitely wouldn’t like to take some extra effort in hiding the stain on your white jeans while you are in the midst of your paper presentation, would you? Although periods are a natural phenomenon, the red stain, however, never fails to arrest the attention of your fellow workers or passengers.
This article deals with a number of period hacks that every girl must know in order to save herself from the embarrassment.
Period Hacks For Immediate Rescue
- Hack For Regular Periods – Irregular periods are a problem which is common in most of the females. Your diet highly affects your menstrual cycle. Maintain a balanced diet so that you don’t get surprises (or shock) often!
- Hack For Pad Placement In Emergency Cases – Place pads perpendicularly when you know you cannot change for a long time in order to avoid leakage. If you are leaving home for a long day for your heritage walk, you probably won’t get a place where you can change your pad.
- Use A Period Tracking App – There are many periods tracking apps available in google play store in android phones and even in windows phone. Women these days are so preoccupied with their chores that it is quite natural of them to forget the dates and this results in welcoming embarrassment in public places. However, technology has our back in so many ways, isn’t it? In order to avoid this, period tracking apps are the best precautions.
- Light Workout – Women can practice slight stretching instead of the hard and fast one during periods. A heavy workout can lead to the overflow of blood. Yoga like savasana and meditation for releasing stress are highly recommendable for women during periods. They also help to make the cramps a little manageable.
- Cramps – Period cramps make a woman’s normal activities very difficult. While some women experience a mild ache in the stomach, the others have to bear with the pain equivalent to a thousand knives stabbing all over the body. Drinking hot milk can relieve you from the pain of period cramps. If you are privileged enough to remain at home, lie down on your stomach and apply pressure. Consider taking oral medication as the last resort for they often come with side effects that may have adverse effects on your health.
- Cloth Hacks – Period warm clothes are always recommended instead of tight, sticky wears that women generally prefer for styling and updos. The tight clothes that fit the skin almost giving a choking sensation must always be avoided especially during the periods. Therefore long and lose clothes are an easy pick during the menstruation cycle. Another thing must be kept in mind that accidental staining is more visible in light colored clothes than the darker one. So to avoid embarrassment one must wear dark clothes during periods.
- Proper Diet – During periods, women generally suffer from the low level of iron and blood sugar level in their body. The heavy flow of excessive blood from the body during periods almost drains out every little bit of energy level left in women. In such conditions, the intake proper and balanced nutritional diet becomes an important criterion. Flaxseeds, green leafy vegetables, nuts, pulses, blueberries, chocolates, etc., are the few wholesome foods highly recommended for a period woman. Avoid excessive salty foods and take more vitamin E rich foods and tablets. This also prevents the suffering of irregular period problems.
- Use A Towel While Going To Bed – This will keep you from staining your bedsheet and having to wash it almost every day for five days.
- Keep Your Tampons And Pads Handy – We all have that one prohibited section in our bags which is store to all our secret accessories. Make sure you always keep a tampon or a pad inside that section so that it can act as a saviour in case of an emergency.
- Mark The Date – Keep the date marked so that you can anticipate the next time this nuisance is going to haunt you and stay prepared for it.