Here is a list of 5 Super Foods for Deep Sleep. A good night’s sleep is a prerequisite for stress-free life and impacts the overall health of an individual. Many psychological and physical diseases are directly in connection with sleep-related disorders. In this fast-paced world, getting a good night’s sleep has become quite a challenge for individuals because most of the families venturing into high-pressure lifestyles. With the advent of technology and mobile devices, getting natural sleep has almost become quite difficult for people of all ages. This applies to urban living especially because of odd work timings and if the person works in rotational or night shifts, the problem increases tenfold.
5 Super Foods For Deep Sleep
Doctors have been emphasizing on cutting down caffeine loaded food or drinks after daybreak because it directly affects digestion thereby leading to disturbed sleep. An average adult needs a minimum of 8 hours of sleep during the night to function well for the rest of the next day. Our hectic lifestyles have pushed the biological clock a little further leading to irregular food timings and odd times of consuming stimulants such as coffee which has harmful effects on the body. Gaining a good night sleep should be mandatory in the checklist of every individual who is aiming at overall good health.
However, the holistic living approach clearly states that the food we eat will directly impact our daily functioning-sleep included. Instead of artificially induced sleep with sedatives, having naturally occurring deep sleep foods is highly beneficial to health and also free from harmful side effects. Fortunately, nature has given us so many foods which solve this pressing problem with ease. These superfoods are directly aimed at providing deep sleep and can be conveniently consumed by people of every age. Some of the easily available foods to get sleep are listed below:
- Chamomile: This wonder herb has the properties to naturally induce sleep and also relieve the person of body aches- especially for menstrual cramps for women. A warm cup of Chamomile tea works wonders for a restful sleep which is not just great in quality but also quite good for overall physical well being. This pleasant smelling herb can also be used in a dish as garnishing or as the main ingredient in your smoothie.
- Lemongrass: A good bowl of veggie soup garnished with lemongrass herbs creates a calming effect and also promotes serotonin- the sleep-inducing hormone. Interestingly, Lemongrass also curbs nightmares during sleep because of its wellness effect on the mind and body. It is definitely the top contender in the deep sleep foods. The additional advantage is Lemongrass can be easily grown in the house with less effort. If consuming lemongrass is a bit of problem, fuse in some essential oil in your air diffuser and try aromatherapy during night hours- it will surely improve the overall mood.
- Hazelnuts: Dry fruits have multiple health benefits and Hazelnuts are low fat deep sleep foods. These go light on the stomach and also create a relaxing effect thereby leading to natural sleep. Try out a Hazelnut smoothie or an ice cream laden with them to get amazing night’s sleep! It is scientifically proved that consuming Hazelnuts promotes the production of melatonin- the sleep hormone.
- Chocolate: Usually, chocolate is misconstrued to be a food which is loaded with caffeine- aimed at keeping us alert and awake. But scientific studies say that chocolate is also laden with bliss chemicals therobromine and anadamine which aim at providing relaxing effect and naturally inducing deep sleep. An added advantage is chocolate also relieves overall stress and enhances positive feelings and calms the mind.
- Yogurt: A good healthy bowl of yogurt filled with fresh cut fruits not only serves as an after dinner dessert but also goes easy during the night. It is always said that after sunset, the food intake should contain more easily digestible foods and yogurt is one of them. It also has healthy doses of calcium which promotes bone strength. In short, it is a dual purpose advantage!
You should also check the 10 Little Known Benefits Of Papaya For Skin And Face!
These are just the top superfoods which will definitely make sleep more easily attainable factor! You wouldn’t need to consult a doctor or seek medical help again for a simple aspect of gaining deep sleep every day.